DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–October 10, 2022–
There are just under seventy third-party data centers in the Swedish market.
The Swedish data center market continues to see the growth of high performance computing, which is driving the Swedish market with new inbound investments.
In November 2019, Icelandic IT service provider and data center provider Advania Data Centers announced plans to open its first Swedish data center in partnership with Stockholm Data Center Park.
In December 2020, the company (renamed atNorth) began construction of the Sif data center, a 6,400 m2 facility capable of supplying 40 kW or 100 kW per rack – with energy supplier Stockholm Energi to supply the excess heat to neighboring houses for home heating.
However, the Hydro66 facility in Boden (in the North Pole region) has now been purchased by a bitcoin provider – with the company being used as an HPC service provider for Northern Data – rather than a colocation service provider.
Sweden, especially in the North Pole region, has benefited from low-cost hydroelectric power and free cooling that is suitable for high-density data center installations – with Hydro66 in Boden and EcoDataCenter in Falun. Sweden has also received investments from Amazon, Facebook and Microsoft who have introduced their own dedicated data centers in Sweden.
The analyst predicts that the raised floor area of the Swedish data center will increase by 42% – with a power increase of 36% over the next four years.
Main topics covered:
- Acquisitions/Mergers 2019 to date
- Development of data centers in Sweden
- Summary Box – Swedish Data Center Summary
- Third-party data center providers and facilities in Sweden
- The main profiles of Swedish data center providers
- Sweden Data Center Elevated Floor Area Forecast – m2 (2022 to 2026)
- Swedish Data Center Customer Power Forecast (DCCP) – in MW (2022 to 2026)
- Swedish data center electricity costs – in euros per kWh
- The main Swedish data center clusters
- Swedish data center pricing forecast – in rack space, m2 space and kW rental (2022 to 2026)
- Swedish data center revenues – in millions of euros per year (2022 to 2026)
- Swedish public cloud revenue – in millions of euros per year (2022 to 2026)
- Key trends in the Swedish data center market
- Swedish Data Center Outlook
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/os4ni8
Show source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221010005586/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Officer
For EST business hours, call 1-917-300-0470
For the United States and Canada, call toll-free 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
KEYWORD: SWEDEN EUROPE
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: DATA MANAGEMENT INTERNET COMMERCIAL BUILDING & REAL ESTATE TECHNOLOGY CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.
PUBLISHED: 10/10/2022 11:52 AM/DISC: 10/10/2022 11:52 AM