If you’re hoping to restart your saved Pokemon Scarlet and Violet but aren’t sure how, don’t worry; you’re not alone. Fortunately, we have all the answers.
There are lots of different reasons why you might want to start over in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. Unfortunately, the game doesn’t give you an easy way to do this.
However, there are a handful of easy workarounds that will have you starting your Paldea adventure all over again in no time.
Of course, if you start again, you must know what is the best Starter Pokémon in Scarlet and Violet so you can make the right choice.
How to Reboot Your Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Save
There are two ways to reset your Pokemon Scarlet & Violet save.
- Completely delete your save data from your switch’s data management setting.
- Start a brand new secondary Nintendo Switch account, which can be created quite easily when selecting Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
Of course, these two steps require a few extra steps. So for a detailed guide on how to do both, keep reading.
How to Delete Your Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Save Data
If you want to delete your Pokemon Scarlet and Violet save data from your Nintendo Switch, you’ll need to go to Data Management in your Settings.
From there, you’ll need to select Scarlet and Violet and choose to delete saved data for your specific account.
- Head toward Settings on your Nintendo Switch’s home screen (it’s the gear icon at the bottom).
- Scroll down until you find Data management.
- Push your left stick left to access the Data Management section, then scroll down to find Delete save data.
- Press A to enter (you’ll need to close any game you have open, so be sure to save it before trying it out).
- Once inside, select Pokemon Scarlet/Violet then click Delete save data for (your username).
- Once you’re done, return to Scarlet and Violet, and you can start over.
How to Start a New Save in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
You can start a new save in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet by creating a new user on your Nintendo Switch and selecting that account instead of your main account.
All you have to do is select the + icon when choosing which user to play with, then follow the steps to create a second account.
- Select Pokemon Scarlet/Violet from your home screen.
- When prompted to select a user, choose the + icon on the right.
- Picking out Create a new user.
- Select the icon you prefer and enter the account username.
- Tap OK to add, then choose whether or not to link a Nintendo Account to it.