MSI Reproductive Choices is one of the world’s leading providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare. We believe everyone should have the right to choose. From contraception to safe abortion and life-saving post-abortion care, we are committed to providing compassionate, affordable, high-quality services for all.
Today, our organization has more than 9,000 employees working in 37 countries around the world. Our success lies in the fact that MSI’s teams are locally-led, entrepreneurial and results-oriented, and are passionate about delivering high-quality, client-centered care in their own communities. As a social enterprise, we focus on sustainable delivery, efficiency and funding models that are built to last, so that the women and girls we serve today also have choices in the future.
We know that access to reproductive choice is life changing. For some, this may mean the ability to complete an education or start a career. For others, it means being able to take care of the family they already have. For everyone, this means the freedom to decide their own future, creating a more just and equal world.
About the role
The role supports pillars 2 and 3 of MSI’s 2030 Strategy which focuses on promoting financially viable private sector services at MSI centers and building customer-centric services through safe and efficient access to our products through telemedicine and social marketing. In all of our Pillar programs, we maintain a foundation in providing client-centered care and our core mission of providing safe and effective access to abortion services. The Evidence and Impact Advisor will ensure that MSI’s programs are informed by solid data and evidence to achieve tangible impact in line with our vision; ensure that effective measurement and evaluation systems are in place; and knowledge and evidence is used internally and externally to demonstrate MSI’s impact and value in strengthening MSI’s private health systems and the role this plays in achieving universal access to health care. sexual and reproductive health.
This is an exciting opportunity for a data analytics and research professional – passionate about driving development to be more effective, fair and efficient through rigorous evidence. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work across all departments of MSI and directly influence the success of our 2030 strategy.
You will work alongside people with a wide range of technical expertise and experience, eager to support your professional and personal development and empower you to thrive.
We recruit talented, dynamic people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all united by a belief in our mission and a drive to deliver measurable results. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a fully inclusive workplace, where everyone feels able to participate and contribute in a meaningful way. You must be open-minded, curious, resilient and solution-oriented, and committed to promoting equality and protecting the well-being of team members and customers.
To fulfill this role, it is essential that you have the following experience:
- Proven experience with advanced analysis software such as STATA and Excel (R highly desirable)
- Proven experience (at least 3 years) in a research, data analysis or monitoring and evaluation role
- Have been exposed to a wide range of challenging research, monitoring and evaluation issues (ideally in the field of health)
- Very familiar and experienced in writing and editing materials for various audiences, including non-research
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-stakeholder projects, including setting priorities, planning and influencing with limited authority
- Experience in project management or working in a cross-functional team (matrix)
- Demonstrated experience working cross-culturally and providing technical support to remote teams and providing research technical assistance and training to staff, including non-researchers in resource-limited settings
- Experience using a range of qualitative research methods to answer key challenges/questions
- Experience in health research, reproductive health and/or family planning/service delivery/operating environment
- Experience in evaluating business initiatives and deconstructing the financial elements of a P&L
- Hands-on experience in developing donor research logframes and developing evidence-based proposals; develop case studies and data to support winning bids, especially for value for money and new models
This is a highly specialized role that requires strong project management experience and skills, as well as deep analytical skills and the ability to turn large, disparate datasets into meaningful and actionable insights. It also requires a passionate and knowledgeable person to drive their adoption and use.
- Extremely strong analytical skills, highly digitized and analytical with knowledge of a wide range of technical database skills in research and evaluation methods (including quantitative and qualitative); SPSS and STATA and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interpreting skills, being able to see beyond the analysis and describe what it means for our customers and our services and how it contributes to achieving our 2030 goals.
- Ability to imagine and merge datasets and methodologiesblending large datasets to improve reporting and “skill” in data visualization using PowerBI, Tableau or equivalent and using the data to make informed recommendations.
- Excellent oral and written communicator, with the ability to convey complex concepts in plain English to non-technical audiences and confidently lead MSI’s representation externally, including liaising with donors and building relationships with external partners. A passion for sharing data, insights and the benefits good evidence can bring to an organization.
- Ability to review and assess conclusions and proposed project designs to ensure that we provide clear, usable and robust information
- Strong project management skills, with experience in leading a multi-faceted project, ideally a research project. Adept at project coordination, including in multicultural teams, with strong systems in place to maintain organization and meet project deadlines.
- Strong team spirit: can build strong and positive working relationships quickly and effectively
- Drive for results: Curious, interested and passionate about how data can be used to improve performance and results; challenge the status quo to look for new ways of doing things.
- Ability to prioritize tasks quickly and efficiently. Very comfortable working within deadlines, data constraints and changing priorities
- Business analysis such as costs; marketing analytics such as customer profiling, segmentation and targeting
- Experience in marketing evaluation communication, demand generation and marketing, pricing and initiatives in private sector business environments
- Skills in the design and analysis of qualitative studies
- Masters or higher degree in research in public health, statistics, economics, epidemiology, demography, health sciences or related discipline – Essential
- Proficiency in French highly appreciated – Please indicate the level in the application
- Additional qualification or formal training in research design, epidemiology or impact evaluation, data visualization such as PowerBI – Desirable
We are looking for exceptional people aligned with MSI’s mission and entrepreneurial spirit. You must be a strong communicator, self-motivated and solution-seeking, committed to driving social change in an environment that measures lasting results and impact at the individual and global level. You must be able to work effectively with and within diverse teams and be comfortable with ambiguity.
For this position, we are looking for a person:
- Pro Choice: Energy, drive and passion for the purpose and mission of MSI Reproductive Choices, able to inspire others with MSI’s mission.
- Excellent communication skills through both verbal and written methods, including sharing compelling stories via data, explaining complex ideas simply, and presenting to senior audiences.
- Very good cash; able to critically analyze and interrogate complex data
- Excellent attention to detail; methodical and precise
- Highly developed skills to influence and persuade with the ability to build relationships quickly and effectively with team members and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong self-starters with a proactive attitude
- flexible attitude to work in a rapidly changing operational environment. empathetic patience and thoughtfulness even in stressful and high-pressure situations
- Able to travel internationally
If you fit the above and are easy-going but focused, eager to help, quick-witted, capable under pressure and detail-oriented, we look forward to hearing from you.
For more information on the role, please see the framework on our website.
Location: London Helpdesk (Hybrid Work) or any National MSI Program
Full time: 35 hours per week (UK hours)
Type of Contract : Permanent
Salary: £39,700 – £44,000 + discretionary bonus (UK salary scale only), for non-UK based candidates the role will be grouped within the national context
Closing Date: December 2, 2022 (midnight GMT+1). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
For internal employees applying from a national MSI program, the role will be positioned within the country’s existing salary structure. Local country terms and conditions will apply.
How to register
Please apply via this link: