EMPLOY sophisticated analytical and statistical methods to prepare data for use in prescriptive modeling as the next data engineer sought by a leading FinTech company. Your primary role will involve manipulation, modeling and responsibility for understanding the interdependencies between various data sources and business processes involving data flows. You will also be involved in designing and building data management solutions. There will also be elements of integration with data science tools allowing business users to visualize their data. You must have a BSc. Degree in Computer Science/IT BIT or equivalent degree, experience in a similar role including data integration and transformation, data analysis, modeling and surfacing, data cleansing/integrity checking, able to create Excel, SQL, SSIS, ETL, QlikView, Power BI and Tableau reports. Remote work offered until further notice.
- The configuration and implementation of the product at different customers.
- Understand the business needs of clients with a focus on the research and investment process of these asset managers.
- Build end-to-end data services solutions.
- Liaise and interface with customers in a support role, providing Tier 2 support and enhancement services.
- Understand and manage the client’s data needs, the data being specific to financial markets.
- Contribute to a team that develops, builds, tests, and maintains architectures (such as databases and large-scale processing systems).
- Ensure that the data architecture will meet the customer’s business requirements.
- Use a variety of languages and tools (eg, scripting languages) to marry systems together.
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Use sophisticated analyzes and statistical methods to prepare data for use in prescriptive modeling.
- Automate work using process flow tools.
- Provide feedback to the development team regarding new features and issue logging.
- Creation of user interfaces allowing users to upload their own data.
- BSc. Degree in computer science, B.IT or degrees related to computer science, mathematics, applied mathematics, actuarial science or engineering degree.
- Understanding and work experience in data integration and transformation.
- Data analysis, modeling and surfacing.
- Data Cleanup / Integrity Check.
- Experience creating reports using Excel or equivalent.
- SQL, SSIS, database script (stored procedures, user-defined functions, queries, triggers).
- Iterative testing, including debugging and refactoring.
- Build data queries by combining multiple data sources.
- Present information using data visualization techniques (such as QlikView, Power BI, and Tableau).
- Any asset management and/or financial services.
- API consumption experience.
- Some experience in a programming language.
- Any kind of ETL or Data Warehousing knowledge.
- Statistical languages (such as R and MATLAB).
- A passion for learning and extending knowledge outside the sphere of work.
- Good at problem solving (essential for the role).
- Able to self-manage and self-motivate.
- Communicate clearly with clients and the team.
- A team player.
- Plan and structure tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Complete assignments on time.
- Evolve in an agile environment.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position